Yesterday was the feast day of one of my favorite saints, the hard-working, anxious St. Martha. I was actually relaxing (for once!) while watching my children swim in our neighbor’s pool, when I got a call from Cale Clarke. He wanted to know if I would like to talk about this blog and St. Martha on his nationally syndicated talk show on Relevant Radio… that very day!
It turned out to be a great conversation. We talked about:
- having a deep prayer life in the midst of work and family life
- how this blog got started
- why St. Martha should be the patron of over worked, unappreciated moms
- the tension many Catholic parents feel between wanting a contemplative prayer life and meeting the demands of caring for our families
- the prayer of Mary (sister of Martha) vs. the prayer of Martha
- how to love when love has faded
- and how to evangelize our children with joy
Of course, I have to share it with you:
Cale Clarke has a wealth of knowledge about all things Catholic and he’s such a dynamic speaker… no wonder he’s got two shows on Relevant Radio:
Tune in when you get a chance!